Yesterday, I went to Shangri-la Mall in Mandaluyong to accompany my sister for her facial and haircut. And to reward myself for being a good ate (big sister), I went to Chosun for my late merienda (snack).
I ordered - Kalbi Chim (small) and Beef Chap Chae. My experience was heavenly (even if the cook took a bit longer to prepare the food).
While waiting for our order, we were served with their regular appetizers (free - yipee), where my mouth literally craved for more after eating the delicious and spicy preparations of Chosun's spicy kangkong and kimchi. It washed off well with their (again, free) corn tea (one of the best tea flavors for me).
Now, for my merienda proper (which can actually be an early dinner as well).
Kalbi Chim: The beef was cooked just right, not too soft (I really dont like the fall off the bones type of beef - except when its charbroiled and prepared by Racks - hehe) and definitely not chewy hard. The delicious beef coupled with its sweet and salty sauce would have made me crave for rice if I were not on diet. God bless those who have great figures that could melt the rice of their tummy and hips quickly!
Beef Chap Chae: I have eternally loved this Korean dish. The noodles were cooked perfectly (not too hard nor soggy) and was tastefully done to attract all the flavors used in preparing it (my mouth is craving for it again while writing this blog - darn!). I salute the chef who created this recipe for Chosun - woohoo!!!
My satisfaction level is 4/5. Great place, great food! Friendly service! Except for the long food preparation :(
But, I will gladly go back to this place! I have had an exceptional memory of the food on my tastebuds! And am already planning to try the Chosun Barbecue when I come back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment