Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Taking Responsibility

Today, I resolve to learn how to "really" run the household.

Age has made my parents easily tired. Their minds and bodies cannot anymore cope up with their regular activities. And this is why I have come to terms with reality. I must let them rely on me more.

Reliance on me equates to responsibilities. A whole lot more responsibilities to what I have on my table at this point in my life. Nevertheless, I take on this challenge, one step at a time. Yep, one step at a time. Dont want to rush my learning curve, because it gets overwhelmingly scary and tough if I look at whole bunch of activities I have to acquire. So, to make sure the transitions flows smoothly, I pray that with each step I take, the Lord carries me through the process of running the household, by myself.

Yes, I can ask for help from my siblings. But, at the end of the day, I will still need to learn to embrace the responsibilities of running a household on my own...not really much for my parents, but for me and my children.

Taking responsibility. Moving forward to real adulthood. Excited? Scared? Yes! But, God-willing, it will be a smooth journey ahead. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment